VAT Relief on Electricity – I Pay VAT on my Electricity Bill?

paying your energy suppliers VAT tax

Many people are not aware that if they live in the United Kingdom you will have to pay taxes on many items, including gas and electricity. These taxes are known as VAT and are based on the amount of energy you use. The price you pay for each unit of energy is different in each area of the UK. The last time I checked the rates were as follows. Western Isles, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, Wales, and England & Wales.

There are many ways you can get relief from paying your energy suppliers VAT tax. The first is to ask them if there are any rebates or special offers that they have available. You can also ask if you qualify for any state aid schemes. Some of these schemes include those to help those with disabilities. In some cases there are schemes to help you retain some of your old appliances.

request and submit

You can also consider getting a Voluntary Rebate. If you find you are eligible then you can request a rebate of up to five percent of the total amount of electricity you purchase. When you ask for a rebate the supplier must send you the correct paperwork and documentation supporting the amount of rebate you are entitled too. If you find you do qualify then you should send the appropriate forms to the provider who should then process your request and submit it to the relevant authorities.

You can also ask if there are any excess costs connected with your current supplier. Some suppliers may charge you an extra daily rate for some of their products. If this is the case, you could ask them to waive this cost. Remember that this does not include the cost of replacing the item, but the rebate amount you get on top of this.

Website of the Energywatch UK

You can ask if there are any special offers available. Some suppliers offer price reductions if you sign up online or by telephone. To find out more about these, please visit the Website of the Energywatch UK. They will be more than happy to help you with any questions that you have about your electricity bill. To find out more about the other ways you can reduce your bills visit the Website of the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Once you receive your VAT relief you will need to provide an expenditure report which details all of your energy efficiency improvements. The amount of improvement that you will be eligible to get will depend on how many points you have. The more points you have the greater amount of relief you will be eligible to receive. Make sure that you read the small print before you agree to anything because you do not want to end up with a deal where you cannot claim.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *